In 1952, Our Lady of Assumption became a parish and was served by priests from St. Joseph Church. Five years later, the first pastor, Fr. Daniel Thistle, was appointed. In 1975, Fr. Naughten Hall was built; the building was named after Fr. Gabriel Naughten who served as pastor from 1966 – 1983. Under Fr. Richard Weiss, renovations were made to the church. A new altar, pulpit, and altar furnishing were added, and stained glass windows were installed. Remodeling the church has continued today as new pews and carpet were installed in 2010 under Fr. Blake Fry.