Our Lady of Assumption belongs to the Catholic Schools Athletic League (CSAL) and is governed by the Rules and Regulations of the Diocese of El Paso. Team work, enjoyment of sports, learning the rules of a game, and cooperation are all outcomes of healthy participation in sports. Sportsmanship is promoted on all levels. All students who wish to play a sport will be required to pay a nonrefundable fee per sport. All students participating in athletics must abide by the eligibility policy. This policy states:
- The student must maintain the minimum cumulative grade of 70% in each subject in which the student is enrolled.
- The conduct grade in each class must be satisfactory (S) or above.
- If a student falls below the minimum requirements, they become ineligible to participate for one week.
- Eligibility requirements will be reviewed weekly.
- Students will be required to have a medical exam.
A release of liability signed by parents/guardians for each sport must be on file prior to participation.